Friday, May 3, 2013

Everyday ephimera journal book

This book has been made out of everyday ephemera,
I simply have a paper bag over my studio and throw in there
just about anything paper that could be turned into a page 
in this kind of  journals!  


This is a lot of fun to make! You should try it!
You will be making a unique book to journal in
and you will be recycling a lot of stuff that we
 usually call trash and throw away!


Simply get some papers from your everyday life 
that you usually throw away like:

Paper bags
tickets
cloth tags
old envelopes
fun catalogs
junk mail
postcards
food packages


I use a guillotine to cut the papers that can`t be folded in to the 
chosen size of my book but I let some pages be smaller or larger 
to make it even more fun!


Some papers can be really beautiful!  I choose the best
to make interesting pages, they can be guessoed anyway
but colors are always fun wouldn`t you agree?
You can also add good papers in between for a great
day like a watercolor paper or scraapbook papers
and I think this would be a great gift to someone
who likes to journal!





I make my signatures small and clip them with a cloth pin
while they wait to be sewed, then I use a regular embroidery 
white thread but it can also be of great colors to add more interest!






Now this pages are ready for some journaling, this format
makes me wanna go super loosen and not worrying 
about being a perfect page every time, I can simply
go for it and the pages are so small, they are perfect
for those days I just don`t have much time
or feel a little tired to make a large piece!

 Ephemera is fun, use it to make something with it!
Recycling feels good and it saves money!

Inspiration!






11 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing this progress! Cool idea . . .thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh me too im just putting together paper bags and envelopes etc and have them in groups lol great minds lol
    hugz bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a wonderful idea! I love it! Now I know what I will do the upcoming weekend
    Greetings from Germany
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is lovely. You have inspired me to collect bits and have a go. Can you explain how you put it together? Do you hand stitch down the centre?
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, yes I simply sewed each signature once in the center of the book with a regular embrodery thread and tide the knot from the outside!

      Delete
  5. i just love your recycling projects.....i am going to do this....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to it Monica. Very nice project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So creative and it will be fun to see what you put in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog you have here but I was wondering if
    you knew of any community forums that cover
    the same topics discussed here? I'd really like to be a part of online community where I can get advice from other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Many thanks!

    my homepage :: Authentic Sidney Crosby Jersey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, no I don`t know of any yet but I will consider starting one and let you all know here in my blog! Thaks for the great idea! ;D

      Delete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!